Wednesday, November 9, 2011

They do not give a fuck about us!!!

Share

Actually, let me put it this way, I do not buy what BIG companies promote, because they do not know what is good for me. Did you notice that the buying cycle has changed miserably? 

When one feels that one needs something, he/she searches for the best stuff for him/her and buy it. The cycle is reversed these days. Once a company advertize a product one feels the need for it.  Once a clothing line promotes something, one feels the urge to have it. Once a brand is so popular, one feels that he/she must acquire one of its products.


When I think about it, I feel it is strange. What makes a company promote something that hard, and pressure it everywhere all the time? Money? It would never occur to me that they care for me that much! They are not so concerned whether I need it or not, they care to sell it, actually, they don't give a fuck about us, they give a fuck about our cash, so I have decided -after trying for some time-  to reject that, and respond "I don't give a fuck about these companies either". I will search for the best for me whether it is a brand or not, and I would rather support local businesses. I think it is good to support good local products rather than playing a part in that MASS PRODUCTION vicious trap. 

Think about it, do you really believe those businesses which claim they care about you and your needs?

This goes on with the monopoly that some websites lead. I use search engines like Yahoo, Bing, Ask or Google. Does it have to be GOOGLE only? I understand that these big websites like Google and Facebook try to own it all, but one should consider himself/herself an individual with sense to choose what one wants to do. Take Facebook for instance, it works on and on to own almost all of our time on internet by adding chat, notifications (all the time to keep visiting) then (recently) video call, and who knows what is next. In old days, I used to use yahoo messenger and MSN messenger, Skype and Facebook, which was healthy. Facebook tries to dominate internet to be only about Facebook, don't you think so! I am not refusing Facebook, it is a very good company, I am just thinking about encouraging competition. I believe we are responsible, we kill many good products by acting in this sheepish way of following what is in fashion.

Clothing lines, fastfood companies and websites are trying to kill our identities by claiming they know what is the "best" for us. It is time to choose. I believe, it is time to decide what is best for us. We are different. I think, everyone has his/her own taste and style that could be somewhere far from what is promoted, but some do not have the time to search for it.

facebook_icon_typography_by_looolcoc

No comments:

Post a Comment