Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Day I Went Fishing

Share
When I went fishing, in the middle of the sea, I could see no creature on the blue crispy carpet that extended as far as my sigh could distinguish, after the boat stopped its engine, I heard nothing. Silence- my friend- is a bless, and a horror as well. Swaying and dancing in the middle of nowhere is not the best feeling in the world, but at some times one feels it is a need to quit all the noise in the world, and to shun seeing more human faces. Very far from the boat, I saw a long stretch of tiny foggy houses and buildings. At other times, silence is threatening, when, you feel weightless, not to say insignificant. I felt so, that day. I was in a world, where creatures, which are just like us, yet maybe smaller, and smarter, live.

Do we really need the world to be quiet? Or we need to shut up a little and then go on again? I am not sure. But, like the sea, calm and tranquil when wind is easy. Yet, it is angry and devastating when wind rages. Why is our wind always raging?


I think we should ask the wind to have mercy up on us, really we should do this, very soon...





http://lizardbrain.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/20070127_038a.jpeg

© Ahmad Magdy - 2009

1 comment:

  1. . Silence- my friend- is a bless, and a horror as well..." "Do we really need the world to be quiet? Or we need to shut up a little and then go on again? I am not sure. But, like the sea, calm and tranquil when wind is easy. Yet, it is angry and devastating when wind rages. Why is our wind always raging?"
    this piece of writing is just stunning and amaziing ..u made me wonder and think for an answer to at least one of your questions ...I was lost except in one ..yes we neeed to shut up a little and then go on again :(:( ..this is bgd to7faaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete